Sunday, February 12, 2017

The Perfect Book...

I work at a high school but I really love working with younger children. I decided to become a librarian after witnessing the power of literature in my own children's lives. A good book could transport them to fantastic worlds and give them insight into the most intriguing topics and inspire them to become scientists or surgeons or writers. My principal wanted to try something new this year: community literacy nights for elementary school aged children. I was so grateful to be given the opportunity to work with younger children!



This past week, we hosted our fourth literacy night and decided on "Campout" as the theme. In addition to glow sticks, s'mores snacks, and campfire crafts, my husband helped me create this backdrop. I had seen a similar one on Pinterest and loved it.





I love the hunt for the perfect book to go with a theme.  I came upon this book - A Camping Spree with Mr. Magee, by Chris Van Dusen. It fit perfectly.







I also loved the first book I found for the night - Imagine a Day, by Sarah Thomson. This is the last page of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment